How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application!
About one half of the places has been already allotted, but the other half is still available! :-)
- The programme is intended for students who are currently enrolled in a college or university or recently graduated.
- To be considered for admission, you have to submit the Online Application Form.
- The preliminary application deadline is June 22, 2017.
- Approximately 25–30 students will be admitted to the Summer University.
- As has been the case in past years, it is expected that the student body will be truly international.
- Students admitted to the program are expected to participate fully, which means attending all classes and lectures.
- A very good level of English is essential for successful participation in the Summer University.
After receiving your Application Form, the programme coordinator will inform you about the current state of the application process and ask you to send the following documents:
- Your CV (in English language)
- A motivation letter
- A document proving your enrollment in a college or university or your recent graduation (for example a confirmation letter/form issued by your university, copies of relevant diplomas and transcripts, etc. A scan or a photo of such a document is sufficient. It may be submitted in the language in which it was originally issued. If we need a translation, we will ask for it.)
- Proof of your knowledge of English (if you are not a native speaker). We require at least the B2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will be asked to send us either: a copy of a language exam certificate or an official confirmation that you have passed an university course in English or another course in English at the required level. In the case you study/studied an academic programme which is being taught entirely in English, the document proving your enrollment or graduation will be considered as a proof of your knowledge of English.
Decisions on admission
- Decisions on admission are made on a rolling basis in several review rounds.
- Applications which were received before March 26, 2017 were reviewed on March 30, 2017. Those selected were asked to confirm their attendance and pay the programme fee within cca three weeks. The second review round was scheduled for the end of April, the third one for the middle of May.
- At this moment, about one half of the places has already been allocated to successful applicants, but the other half is still available.
- Applications which are received before June 4, 2017 will be reviewed on June 7, 2017.
- Documents which arrive later will be reviewed in further rounds later in June.
- The later the review, the less places are being offered.
- The programme coordinator will inform you about the exact dates and deadlines and also about the current number of remaining places.
- Students who are not successful in the earlier review round still have a chance to be admitted. Their applications are automatically reviewed again in the next rounds together with any newly incoming applications.
Criteria for decisions on admission
- Your interest in international affairs and development in Europe (your field of study at the university, jobs and internships, volunteering, student competitions, other summer schools, etc.)
- Your year of study (more advanced students are being preferred)
- Intercultural competence (knowledge of foreign languages, experience of living, studying or working abroad, etc.)
In the case of very similar achievements in the criteria above, the country of origin may be taken into account. Because we are trying to create a truly international group of students, we would prefer to offer the possibility to participate in our programme to students from a diverse set of countries around the world.
Some statistics about the application process from one of our previous programmes, the Summer University Prague 2015:
- 119 Online Application Forms received
- 48 % of these applicants sent us all the required documents
- 44 applicants got an offer to participate in our summer study programme
- 29 students participated in September 2015 (the capacity was full)
- 23 % of students who sent us all the required documents were not admitted
Summer University 2017
Charles University, Faculty of Social Sciences
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
CZ-110 00 Praha 1
Tel: (+420) 251 080 250
Fax:(+420) 251 620 294
Facebook: Spring and Summer Universities Prague